Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Putting Yourself Out There

In most areas of life, putting yourself out there is an uneasy feeling.  In my last post I discussed how I have put myself out there when it comes to running.  Running did not come easy for me.  Not the physical act of running but the thought of becoming a runner was my struggle.  You hear runners say that it doesn't matter how far or how fast you run.  If you get out there and run, you're a runner.  It's still a concept I'm trying to accept.  Most of the time I feel like I'm a person who runs, not a runner.

Recently, I saw this picture on Twitter that could possibly lead to something I have wanted in my career for some time now.


But in order for this possibility to happen, I had to make the first move.  I had to decide if I wanted to put myself out there.  After speaking with Lily, a trusted friend and colleague, my decision was made.  I made contact with the representative to voice my interest.  There were more phone calls and texts to Lily and Cameron, a person I greatly respect and admire.  After speaking with them again I decided to submit my materials.

I have no idea what, if anything, will come from this decision.  What I do know is this, nothing will come from it without putting myself out there. (As a disclaimer, I'm not leaving my current position.  This would be for something extra, on top of my current role as elementary principal.)

No comments:

Post a Comment