Friday, January 4, 2013

'Lincoln'

Tonight, we went out to eat and watch 'Lincoln' with friends of ours.  It is one of the best movies I have seen in a long time.  Growing up I heard my grandfather talk a lot about Abraham Lincoln and what kind of leader he was for our country during one of its most turbulent times.  While listening to my grandfather speak, the thing that stuck out more than his leadership skills was just the kind of man he was to so many people.  Numerous books were read by my grandfather about the man Lincoln became and I was fortunate to have some of those books passed on to me. Sure, the movie 'Lincoln' showed what kind of leader he was, but I think it solidified what kind of man he was for our country.  We could certainly use some of that leadership ability in our government right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment