Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Ask Me How My Day Was?

You never know what the day will bring when you're in a school building.  In general, most days are very similar, or at least the schedule remains constant.  The small details are the ones that are never the same.  Each day presents new challenges.  Here's a short timeline of my day:

6:00 a.m.  Wake up and get ready for work
6:45 a.m.  Wake up three daughters and get them ready for school, pre-school, and daycare
7:00 a.m.  Get in the car and drive to work
7:45 a.m.  In the office preparing for a grade-level meeting
8:00 a.m.  Grade-level meeting digging into literacy groups and RTI
8:20 a.m.  Secretary calls me out of meeting for an urgent phone call
8:22 a.m.  Parent phone call
8:30 a.m.  Second parent phone call
8:40 a.m.  Phone...still
8:45 a.m.  Off the phone because I have important things to do right now...greet the students getting off the bus
9:00 a.m.  Morning announcements
9:15 a.m.  Served papers for student custody issue
9:20 a.m.  Classroom walk-throughs
12:00 p.m.  2 students get sick in cafeteria
12:25 p.m.  Picked up dog poo on playground (during my recess duty)
12:30 p.m.  More students trying to find something gross for me to pick up
2:00 p.m.  Teacher conference
2:30 p.m.  Parent phone calls and staff Thank You note
3:15 p.m.  Greet students as they get on the bus to go home
3:30 p.m.  PLC Coaches meeting
4:15 p.m.  Drive home and make 2 parent phone calls on the way
5:00 p.m.  Hug and kiss my three daughters and my wife
7:00 p.m.  Church
8:30 p.m.  Get three girls ready for bed and read 'just one more story'
8:45 p.m.  Talk to my wife about her day as a 6th grade teacher
9:00 p.m.  School work so I can be better tomorrow than I was today
12:00 a.m.  (hopefully) Get some sleep
Start it all over again tomorrow at 6:00 a.m.

I LOVE MY JOB!

No comments:

Post a Comment